Skincare ingredients for beautiful skin.
Here's a list of the ingredients to look out for in your skincare products:
Skin building routine:
1. Retinoids - Retinol, Retinaldehyde, Retinoic Acid - at nighttime helping with skin repair, build collagen, stimulate the collagen and work on pigmentation. These are all anti-aging functions, these are workhorses to repair the skin.
2. Peptides - Collagen Peptide, Copper Peptide - think of peptides as a programmed molecule. Each one designed to signal to the skin to create or stimulate collagen or to protect your skin from UV radiation.
Skin protecting routine:
3. Ceramides - these are single lipids and very good for the skin's barrier function. Ceramides are the mortar holding the skin cells together. When ceramides are compromised you can have a lot of water loss in your skin. It's also flatter or thinner, it doesn't have enough cushion or protection in it.
4. Hyaluronate - is very good to use on the skin because it will penetrate through around the skin especially on the surface layers creating more buoyancy. With ceramides will lock in more moisture and smooth out the skin surface. Giving you a more youthful line-free look. Hyaluronate [ Hyaluronic acid] also abbreviated as HA.
5. Antioxidants - Niacinamide, Glutathione, Vitamin C with Ferulic Acid - these antioxidants protect against free radical damage, that is a lot of environmental stressors by neutralizing them. In essence they are there to help protect your skin from oxidative stress or as a booster.
6. Broad Spectrum SPF - protect your skin from uva/uvb rays, because these uva/uvb rays break down the collagen or protein bonds of the skin and cause aging of the skin.